Crystal Palace vs Tottenham LIVE commentary: Spurs look to move five points clear at top of Premier League – kick-off time, team news and how to follow
Tottenham can move five points clear at the top of the Premier League table tonight with a win over Crystal Palace, live on talkSPORT.
Ange Postecoglou’s side are flying having not lost a game this season and fans are starting to believe in a potential title challenge.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: talkSPORT coverage
This Premier League clash will take place on Friday, October 27.
Kick-off at Selhurst Park is scheduled for 8pm.
READ MORE ON TOTTENHAM
talkSPORT will have EXCLUSIVE live coverage of the game presented by Hugh Woozencroft.
Commentary will come from Sam Matterface and former England defender Stuart Pearce.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 through the website, click HERE for the live stream.
ou can also listen via the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
The game will also be broadcast live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: Team news
Key men Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise remain out for Palace.
Most read in Football
They’re joined by Dean Henderson, James Tomkins and Nathan Ferguson on the sidelines.
Jeffrey Schlupp is also carrying a knock and missed the defeat to Newcastle but he may be able to make a return on Friday.
Tottenham will have Yves Bissouma back after he served his one-game suspension.
The midfielder is expected to replace Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in the starting line-up depending on Pape Matar Sarr’s fitness.
Sarr and Destiny Udogie were substituted against Fulham which raised injury fears, however, they are not likely to miss out.
Brennan Johnson could start after returning from his knock but Manor Solomon, Ivan Perisic, Ryan Sessegnon and Rodrigo Bentacur continue their recoveries.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: What has been said?
James Maddison scored his first home goal of the season during Spurs’ win over Fulham and he has spoken about how that felt.
He said; “It was amazing, a great feeling. I kept seeing that stat that all my goal contributions were away from home, so I’m delighted to put that one to bed.
“I always just try to play football the way I love to watch football. That’s how I’ve always played. I like to create, I like to excite people, create and score goals.
“The fans have taken to me well and I really appreciate it and it’s vice-versa, me to them, they’ve been brilliant to me, made me feel at home so quickly, so welcome and things like that don’t go unnoticed.
“It helps me settle in so quickly and to hear them chanting my name was a heart-warming feeling.”
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: Match facts
- Crystal Palace are averaging 12.8 shots per game in the Premier League this season, their second-highest on record (since 1997-98) in a single campaign in the competition (12.9 in 2018-19). However, only Everton (5) have failed to score in more games this term so far than the Eagles (4).
- Tottenham are unbeaten in each of their last six Premier League away games (W4 D2), having been winless in seven on the road before this (D2 L5). Five of these have been under Ange Postecoglou this season, with only Arthur Rowe remaining unbeaten in his first six away league games in charge of Tottenham (first 12 in 1949).
- Crystal Palace lost 4-0 against Newcastle last time out but haven’t lost consecutive Premier League matches since Roy Hodgson’s return to the club in April. Their last two home games have finished 0-0, with QPR in February 2013 the last team to have three consecutive home goalless draws in the top-flight.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last five away Premier League London derbies (W2 D3), since a 3-1 loss at Arsenal in October 2022. They last had a longer run without defeat on the road in London derbies between October 1992 and December 1993 (7 – W3 D4).
- Since the start of last season, Crystal Palace have won just two of their 15 Premier League London derby matches (D5 L8), with both of those victories coming against West Ham United (2-1 away, 4-3 at home).
- Tottenham have won 61% of their Premier League games against Crystal Palace (17/28) – only against Sunderland (66%) do they have a higher win rate in the competition (minimum 20 meetings).
- Crystal Palace have won just one of their last 16 Premier League games against Spurs (D2 L13), a 3-0 home win in September 2021. Their three goals in that game account for 43% of the total they’ve scored against Tottenham in that run (3/7).
- James Maddison has either scored (two goals) or assisted (five goals) in each of his first five away Premier League appearances for Spurs, only the third player to do that for a club, along with Andrey Arshavin for Arsenal and Bruno Fernandes for Man Utd, neither of whom scored or assisted in their sixth away games.
- This will be Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson’s 500th game in charge of English clubs in all competitions. He lost his 100th and 200th milestone games (with the latter coming against Tottenham), while he won his 300th and 400th such games in charge.
- Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has won just one of his 20 Premier League games against Spurs (D6 L13), beating them 2-1 with Fulham in November 2008. His 5% win rate against Spurs is his lowest against any side he’s faced at least five times in the competition, while only against Chelsea (15) has he lost more such games (13).
Crystal Palace v Tottenham: Betting
Crystal Palace: 19/5
Click to see more Premier League betting markets
Read More on talkSPORT
New Customer Offer: Get triple your returns up to £300 with talkSPORT BET here
T&Cs: 18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet max £5 on any sport single within 7 days of registration, at odds of evens (2.00) or greater. If it wins we Triple (x3) your returns, up to a max of £300 paid in Free Bets, expires in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. BeGambleAware.org | Please gamble responsibly.
talkSPORT football match centre
Keep up-to-date with all the latest Tottenham fixtures and results and live Premier League standings in our new match centre.